Shiloh Road Relocation Project
New Morgan Borough, Berks County, PA
The Shiloh Road Relocation Project consisted of the construction of approximately one mile of relocated Shiloh Road. Construction tasks included significant excavation (~0.25 million cubic yards), roadway embankment/ grading, drainage and stormwater management (including four large infiltration basins), paving, guiderail, landscaping, erosion and sediment pollution control, and other elements associated with the roadway construction.
The project involved the turnback of Shiloh Road from PennDOT to the two municipalities (New Morgan Borough and Caernarvon Township). This process involved extensive coordination with all parties to ensure the accuracy of documents and the timeliness of the process. The turnback was completed in mid-2010.
This project was designed and constructed on an aggressive schedule in order to meet the needs of the client. Within a 12-month period, the project was designed, agency approvals were obtained, agreements with multiple entities were completed, and the project was constructed.
TPD completed the following services for the project:
- Turnback Coordination
- Roadway Design & Cross-Sections
- Coordination with Design for Landfill Expansion
- Traffic Control Plan (transitions at both ends of project)
- Utility Relocation Coordination
- E&S Design, Stormwater Management Design and NPDES Permitting
- Permitting for Stream Crossing
- Preparation of Tabulation Sheets, Specifications & Bid Documents
- Construction Bidding Administration
- Construction Management and Oversight