Schuylkill River Trail – Reading Area Community College Connection
City of Reading, Berks County, PA
This project involved the evaluation of several trail alignments that will transition the existing Schuylkill River Trail alignment at the Reading Area Community College (RACC) to an on- road alignment along River Road in Reading, PA. A variety of AASHTO Bike Guide and NACTO Bike Guide Treatments were included in the final plan recommendations.
TPD was responsible for development of several trail alignment alternatives (on road and off road) including the development of a road diet and cycle track concepts. TPD’s tasks included conceptual plan development as well as cost estimates and graphics and 3D renderings. TPD provided consultation on funding source identification and assisted with stakeholders meetings, public outreach and consensus building.
TPD provided the following services for this project:
- Opportunities and Constraints analysis
- Site visits and collection and analysis of data
- Route evaluation for on road and off road trails
- Pedestrian safety, lighting and aesthetic recommendations
- Green stormwater and landscaping recommendations
- Roadway and railroad crossing and safety plans
- Road diet and traffic calming recommendations.
- Business and school parking lot circulation and driveway analysis and recommendations
- Graphics and stakeholder presentations
- Construction cost estimates and funding identification
- TAP funding application assistance
- Presentations and coordination with project stakeholders to achieve project consensus
Borough of Phoenixville, Chester County, PA
Cheltenham Township & City of Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA