In 1989, Traffic Planning and Design, Inc. (TPD), a six-employee transportation design firm, was founded by President, Kevin Johnson, PE. By the next year, additional office space was required due to the rate of growth.
From PA offices in Pittsburgh, Pottstown, Harrisburg, Allentown, and Doylestown, West Chester, Philadelphia and a NJ office on the Camden Waterfront, TPD specializes in providing the following services for a diverse range of clients in both the public and private sectors:
- Roadway Design
- Bridge Design and Inspection
- Transportation Planning
- Traffic Signal System Design
- Municipal Transportation Engineering Services
- Environmental Permitting / Services
- Construction Management and Inspection
- Contractor Services / Design/Build
Operating in eight locations, TPD is a client-focused, team-oriented firm that prides itself on working seamlessly as “One Company with Multiple Locations” as a way to leverage the considerable expertise of professional staff to achieve project success. TPD’s strategically-located network of offices, progressive management structure, continuous investment in technology, and priority on individual accountability enable the firm to provide high quality sustainable service, responsiveness, and local knowledge for the benefit of clients, teaming partners, and ultimately, the traveling public.
Since its inception, TPD’s mission has been to exist to serve our clients in gaining project approvals.
TPD also strives to continually serve its employees by demonstrating a commitment to providing exceptional benefits, including technology resources and flexible schedules to encourage a healthy work/life balance and aggressive professional development. TPD has been ranked among top national and local performers for not only its professional development programming, but its growth, project innovation and staff benefits.
The maintenance and expansion of our Transportation Infrastructure are critical components for a healthy economy, both nationally and locally, where the condition of these systems has a tremendous impact on quality of life and the ability to safely and efficiently transport people and goods. Working to maintain the safety and capacity of local transportation infrastructure is TPD’s primary focus, and every member of the organization contributes to this cause. As such, we can all take pride in the infrastructure improvements we plan, design, and inspect which benefit local residents and economies by creating solutions for modern transportation needs.
In pursuit of our vision, the members of TPD share these values:
- Understanding of current engineering standards and principles
- Commitment to continuous Professional Development
- Appreciation of a 24/7/365 accessible environment
- Dedication to responsiveness
- Appreciation for a benefits-rich environment
- Commitment to creating a healthy work-life balance
- Understanding of collaborative technology to operate as “One Company, Multiple Locations”
- Engagement in political governance
- Commitment to client and geographic diversity
- Dedication to expanding services to meet client needs