If I return to the office, what safety guidelines do I need to follow so I can keep myself and others safe?
- Follow the mask requirements of the CDC, state, and local governments where your office is located.
- Stay home if you have felt sick within the last seventy-two hours or go home if you start to feel sick.
- Maintain social distancing practices in the workplace, when possible.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least twenty seconds. When soap and water are not immediately available, use hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Replace handshakes with head nods and waves.
- Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices or other work tools and equipment. If you are sharing a workspace, equipment, tools, etc., be sure to clean everything properly before and after you are done working and follow the cleaning product instructions.
- Discourage visitors and clients from coming into the office unless it is necessary.
- Be kind. This is a stressful time for everyone, and an extra bit of kindness right now can go a long way.