TPD was recently ranked as the #17 Top Design-Build Design Firm in the nation by Roads & Bridges (R&B) magazine as part of their 2013 Go-To List. R&B is the leading publication covering the transportation construction and maintenance marketplace. R&B sent its survey to over 10,000 government officials from various levels of government, inquiring which design firms they preferred to work with to form this year’s list. It is noted that TPD was previously ranked as the #20 Top Design-Build Design Firm by R&B as part of their 2010 Go-To List.
TPD’s ranking is a result of providing technically proficient and highly responsive Design-Build services in the following project areas: Structure Design, Roadway Design, Traffic Signal Design, Traffic Control/MPT Plans, ADA Ramp Design, Park-and-Ride Facilities, Betterment/Streetscapes Projects, Utility Clearances, and Right-of-Way Clearances. TPD’s commendation is a reflection of the firm’s highly qualified personnel and innovative design processes which combine to achieve the timely and cost-efficient completion of successful projects for facility owners and Design-Build contractors. TPD’s strategically-located network of offices, progressive management structure, aggressive investment in technology, and priority on individual accountability enable the firm to provide high quality service, responsiveness, and local knowledge for the benefit of clients, teaming partners, and ultimately the traveling public.
The firm’s Design-Build capabilities are demonstrated by the following ongoing and recently completed projects:
– Maintenance and Protection of Traffic (MPT) Plans for Blue Route Reconstruction (S.R. 476 Section RDC): PennDOT District 6-0 – sub to Allan A. Myers
– William Penn Highway Park-and-Ride Facility expansion (S.R. 33 Section 02S): PennDOT District 5-0 – sub to Imperial Excavating and Paving
– I-70 Structure Replacement (S.R. 0070, Section 10Q): PennDOT District 12-0 – sub to BCI
– 4-Span Bridge Deck Replacement (S.R. 44 Section 39): PennDOT District 3-0 – sub to Susquehanna Supply Co.
– 700 ADA Curb Ramps in Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties, PA: PennDOT District 4-0 – sub to Slusser Brothers/Pennsy Supply
From PA offices in Pottstown, Allentown, Harrisburg, Pittsburgh and Doylestown, and a NJ office on the Camden Waterfront, TPD’s team of professionals specializes in Highway Design, Bridge Design and Inspection, Transportation Planning, Traffic Signal System Design, Streetscape and Trail Design, Environmental Services and Permitting, Construction Management and Inspection, as well as Expert Witness Support For Accident Investigations for a diverse range of clients in both the public and private sectors.