Walk & Bike Pottstown
Pottstown Borough, Montgomery County, PA
In conjunction with Simone Collins Landscape Architecture, TPD worked with local stakeholders to develop plans for a low-stress bicycle network from the preliminary route planning stages to the final bicycle network design. The network includes an extension of the existing downtown bike lanes, a new two-way separated bike lane, and more than four miles of new bicycle boulevards to connect residents to destinations, including neighborhood schools, downtown businesses, and the Schuylkill River Trail.
For design, TPD was the Prime Consultant for the final design & managed the PS&E federally funded design. TPD evaluated a wide range of bicycle facility types and conducted a series of meetings with stakeholders and the general public to identify the best treatments for each part of the bicycle network.
TPD provided the following services for this project:
- Analyzed the biking & walking routes recommended by the Pottstown School District & other stakeholders
- Identified primary and secondary destinations for the bicycle route system
- Collected and analyzed traffic, speed, and parking data throughout the Borough
- Recommended appropriate bicycle facilities for each link of the network, including buffered bike lanes, bicycle boulevards, and two-way separated bike lanes
- Designed sidewalk improvements that paralleled the bike network and connected residents to schools, parks, and other destinations
- Identified key crossing locations in the network and designed intersection improvements to enhance safety for all road users
- Conducted a series of meetings to solicit input from stakeholders & the general public
- Worked with residents & Borough staff to minimize any impacts on parking availability
- Worked with PennDOT to guide the project through the requirements of the Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP)
Prime consultant for design services for a network of on- and off-street bicycle facilities, sidewalk/crossing and intersection safety improvements. Including ADA & Green Stormwater.
- Federally funded - Full PS&E process
- NACTO Bicycle Treatments including road diet to fit a cycle track in existing curb to curb width
- Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) design
- Traffic improvements and intersection modifications
- Signal design
City of Asheville, Buncombe County, NC
City of Hickory, Catawba County, NC
Borough of Phoenixville, Chester County, PA