Millersville Commons & Martin Elementary Intersection Improvements
Millersville Borough & Lancaster Township, Lancaster County, PA
TPD was contracted to provide planning and design services for the roadway, signalization, and access improvements associated with the Millersville Commons and Martin Elementary School developments, located along Millersville Road at its intersection with Wabank Road. The Millersville Commons development included construction of a Sheetz, a Members 1st Federal Credit Union and other neighborhood commercial establishments. The Martin Elementary development included razing the existing elementary school and construction of a new school that accommodates grades K-8.
The improvements for the developments included the following:
– Extension of Wabank Road in a westerly direction from its existing intersection with Millersville Road to a connection with Barbara Street
– Addition of new driveways to Millersville Road and Wabank Road
– Addition of multiple turn lanes along Millersville Road and Wabank Road
– Traffic Signal equipment replacement and upgrades
– ADA and sidewalk accommodations and modifications
A challenge that TPD overcame during the design of these improvements was the concurrently proposed improvements associated with the Penn Manor School District along Millersville Road. This required extensive coordination between TPD and all three developers. The teams’ coordination resulted in portions of the Martin Elementary School and Penn Manor School District projects being absorbed by the Millersville Commons HOP design.
– Transportation Impact Studies
– Conceptual and Final Roadway Design
– Access Permitting
– Traffic Signal Design
– Maintenance and Protection of Traffic During Construction
– Construction Cost Estimates