I-95 Bridge Repairs, Section MB4
Bucks, Delaware & Philadelphia Counties, PA
TPD is serving as the prime consultant to PennDOT District 6-0 for Construction Management and Construction Inspection (CM/CI) services for this project, which includes rehabilitation activities for 11 structures located along the I-95 Corridor, as well as high mast lighting activities for 24 high mast lighting locations.
This construction project is valued at approximately $34 million and marks TPD’s largest CM/CI project to date, and first official CM Agreement with PennDOT (Agreement No. E04677).
- Replacement of rocker bearings that are out-of-tolerance
- Replacement of frozen sliding plate bearings
- Replacement of leaking deck expansion joints
- Steel beam cleaning and painting
- Substructure concrete repairs
- Reconstruction of bearing pedestals
- Beam end repairs [in general, locations with frozen bearings are due to leaking deck joints also exhibiting spalled bearing pedestals and substructures, as well as spalled (for pre-stressed beams) or corroded (for steel girders) beam ends]
- Replacement of high mast lighting poles, foundations, and luminaires
- Other miscellaneous activities
Coordination efforts includes, but is not limited to, the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (PA DCNR), Philadelphia International Airport, the Philadelphia Police Department, the Sports Complex Special Services District (SCSD) and the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC).
The I-95 MB4 project includes the rehabilitation of seven (7) bridges carrying I-95 through the City of Philadelphia. These seven (7) structures carrying I-95 extend from Christian Street to the FDR Park area south of Broad Street. Additionally, the Market Street West (SR 8007) over I-95 structure is being rehabilitated as part of this project.
The project also includes the rehabilitation of the I-95 NB to I-476 NB Ramp (Ramp M3) over I-95 structure, and the SR 3011 (Blueball Avenue) over I-95 structure in Delaware County. In Bucks County, the I-295 (formerly I-95) over I-276 (PA Turnpike) dual structures are being rehabilitated as part of this project. Several high-mast lighting structures are being replaced along I-95 in the vicinity of the Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) in Delaware County.
TPD is also responsible for monitoring the Contractor’s compliance of OJT Training Program and EOP.
Limerick Township, Montgomery County, PA
West Whiteland Township, Chester County, PA