Oaks Shopping Center
Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County, PA
TPD was retained by Audubon Land Development Corporation to provide a full range of professional engineering services for the planning and design of roadway improvements associated with potential development on the southwest quadrant of the US Route 422 and Egypt Road (Oaks) Interchange in Upper Providence Township, Montgomery County, PA. The Egypt Road corridor serves as a major connector between Route 422 and the surrounding residential communities with the large retail center, Marketplace at Oaks. The proposed development introduced approximately 190,000 square feet of new commercial-retail development to this interchange.
TPD developed the Master Plan Traffic Impact Study for the project and determined the roadway improvements necessary to accommodate the development traffic and address existing traffic delays. The project involved the widening of approximately 2000 feet of Egypt Road (from Route 422 Eastbound on-off ramp to Brower Avenue) to provide additional through/turning lanes, and the construction of a new signalized driveway to Egypt Road for the shopping center. In addition, the eastbound and westbound Route 422 ramps were partially reconstructed and widened to provide additional turn lanes. The project involved upgrades and improvements to five (5) signalized intersections, and required a significant right of way acquisition effort.
TPD has also provided construction management services during construction to include utility coordination and coordination between PennDOT and the contractor to resolve design/utility conflicts.
Project responsibilities included the completion of the following items:
– Preparation of a Master Plan Traffic Study
– Preparation of Highway Occupancy Permit (HOP) Plans
– Plans, Specifications and Estimates package (PS&E)
– Maintenance and Protection of Traffic Plans
– Erosion & Sediment Pollution Control Plans, NPDES Permitting
– Project Management
– Coordination with PennDOT, Township and Local Officials, and Subconsultants
– Pavement Marking and Signing Plans
– Traffic Signal Plans
– Cross Sections
– Drainage Design
– Permitting Preparation and Coordination
– Construction Services
TPD Project Highlights:
– Worked closely with the local municipality, PennDOT and review agencies to develop the design concept and to expedite the design schedule
– Developed construction estimates for the over $7 million project which includes private and State funding sources
– Developed a comprehensive traffic control plan to effectively maintain traffic through the project area and on/off the interchange during planned construction