Advantages of telecommuting and remote work may include the following:
- Workplace flexibility is an employee benefit but can also be used as a management tool to increase efficiency and enhance productivity. It can be viewed as a mutually beneficial business process for employees and managers.
- Helps with employee attraction and retention.
- Produces time and cost savings for the employee resulting from reduced commuting.
- Produces cost savings for the company resulting from reductions in turnover and absenteeism.
- Decreases stress on employees and increases health and well-being which have impacts on absenteeism and lowers overall health care costs.
- Expands availability to clients.
- Increases employee commitment and engagement.
- Allows for business continuity during emergency circumstances such as a weather event or pandemic.